Here are the 20 most hated foods in Britain
1. Tripe - Made from the inside of a cow's stomach and was once a firm favourite on the British dining table.
2. Jellied eels - Traditional East End food
3. Deep-fried Mars bar - Served up north in fish and chips shops.
4. Brawn - Meat from the head of a pig
5. Black pudding - A large sausage made from pigs blood, suet and seasonings.
6. Tapioca - A starchy substance extracted from the root of the cassava plant, used for puddings
7. Faggots - Balls of meat mixed with bread and herbs, which is fried or cooked in sauce
8. Marmite - See here
9. Semolina - a coarse form of milled wheat/rice/maize- usually used in puddings and served with jam.
10. Beetroot (in vinegar) - A root vegetable
11. Pickled egg -
12. Haggis - A traditional Scottish dish consisting of a mixture of the minced heart, lungs, and liver of a sheep or calf mixed with suet, onions, oatmeal, and seasonings and boiled in the stomach of the slaughtered animal.
13. Sandwich spread
14. Cockles (in vinegar) - sea food
15. Spaghetti hoops
16. Banana custard
17. Chicken tikka masala
20. Tinned tomato soup
Do you agree? Or are some of the foods in this list your idea of culinary heaven?