|Sample Sats Questions - Year 6|
The following questions
are taken from past Sats papers.
1. Rob holds up a number card. He says, "If I multiply the number on this card by 5, the answer is 35.' What is the number on the card?
2. Calculate 438 - 296
3. Calculate 549 x 6
4. Calculate 268 x 53
5. A cuboid is made from centimetre cubes. It has a volume of 30 cubic centimetres. What could the length , height and width be?
6. Megan makes a sequence of numbers starting with 100. She subtracts 45 each time. Write the next two numbers in the sequence:
100, 55, 10, ,
7. A bag has 3 white balls and one black ball in it. A ball is taken from the bag without looking. What is the probability that it is a black ball?
8. Which two numbers add up to 1.
9. In a class of 32, are girls. How many boys are in the class?
10. What is the missing number?
How did you work it out? Write your answer here using maths language.
11.What do you think the missing numbers are?
12. If you looked in the mirror, what would this shape look like?
Draw the reflection of this shape on the right hand side of the grid.
13. This is a plan of Mr Smith's garden. He wants to build a fence around the perimeter. How many metres of fencing does he need?
14. What is the area of his garden
in square metres ?
15. The reading at A is 200g.
What are the readings at
16. 150 + = 500
17. 172 - = 60
18. Calculate 369 +251
19. A shop sells batteries:
Sophie and James buy a pack of four and share the cost equally.
How much does each person pay?
20. Mary buys 2 packs of two batteries.
21. Which two numbers add to make 0.12
22. Calculate 3/4 of 840